In recent years, the Indian health sector has proven both efficient and budget friendly. You can save a lot of money while receiving medical treatment in India and having a restful vacation. Medical services in India consist of cosmetic surgery and major operations as well as preventative screening.
With medical treatment in India you are assured of quality health facilities because the federal government pays much attention to advancing the standards of healthcare facilities. Travellers flock to India not only because of their stellar medical sector but also to study, vacation and do business there. So, whatever your travel desire is, a trip to India is right up your alley.
What do I need to know before I apply?
First time travellers to India need to have student or business visa.
For medical/medical attendant’s visa, the candidate should also have the following:
• Letter from the local hospital/doctor
• Complete copies of treatment record from the local hospital
• Letter from the Indian hospital which must also be mailed by the hospital authorities to the High Commission.
• Proof of relationship of accompanying the patient and a letter indicating relationship(for whoever accompanies the patient)
What are the Indian Visa Requirements?
• E-Passport valid for at least 6 months
• 3 Month Bank statement (the Account’s statement should be certified by the bank and must indicate the name of the applicant, full address and telephone/fax numbers)
• Company"s Introduction Letter
• Personal Introduction Letter giving full details of previous visits to India, including periods of stay where applicable
• A separate letter which gives your present occupation and detailed purpose of your intended visit to India
• In case you are using someone else’s bank-statement, please enclose the affidavit of the person sponsoring the expenses along with the copy of the photo identity card bearing the signature of the sponsor
• 1 Colour Passport Photograph
• Yellow fever certificate
• Confirmed Flight and Hotel reservation which can be done by clicking here
• Certificate from panel doctor/hospital after examination of the patient’s condition, requirements and availability of the treatment in India
How do I apply for an Indian visa?
Fill in your details in the form provided, then you"ll need to submit your passport that is valid for at least six months and has at least two blank pages, a recent passport sized photo, and details of your itinerary. Click here
to submit your details now
About 30% of travelers today take ill or become injured whilst abroad. They also face non-medical risks including travel delays, loss of passport or loss of baggage. With our travel insurance
, you no longer have to worry about these unforeseen risks. It is not only affordable; it is also reliable and broad. Travel in style and let our travel insurance
serve as your safety net today.
What are the contact details of the India High Commission?
India High Commission, Nigeria
Plot No. 684 (A&B), Agdez Crescent, Off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse-II
India Consulate, Nigeria
8a, Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island
Affordable Flights and Hotels in India
Need the most affordable flights and hotels in India? Click here
for unbeatable prices. You can also compare all available airlines and book the option which is most convenient. We have a listing for all the major airlines and low cost transporters in Nigeria as well as hotels
and car hire to allow you to book the best deals imaginable.