A visa for the Schengen area may be granted for up to 30 days. (Applicants who intend to work in Norway or stay there for more than 90 days must apply for a Residence Permit). You must schedule an appointment before you come to the Embassy to submit your Schengen Visa application.
The Schengen countries include Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, Greece, The Netherlands and Norway
What do I need to know before I apply?
• There are several types of Schengen visas including: student visa; business visa and immigration visa.
• If you require assistance, we can help you submit your application at the France embassy. Click here
to fill our visa assistance form
• You must bring the original of all required documents to the embassy for your interview
• Bring one set of clear photocopies of all your documents, including your personal bank statements
• Do not staple, bind, glue, or clip your photocopied set of documents, because they will be put into a scanner.
• You must have a return flight ticket and hotel booking confirmation. Click here
to book affordable flights + hotels.
Side trips: Applicants who also intend to visit other countries must submit a travel plan when applying, detailing where the applicant will stay and how the applicant will travel, as well as information on how many days the applicant will stay in the different countries.
Applicants who are married and/or have children are advised to submit proof of this (marriage certificate and birth certificates of the children). The latter is not a requirement, but will strengthen the application.
What are the Schengen Visa requirements?
• Schengen visa application form – duly completed, dated and signed by the applicant. In the case of minors signed by the guardian at the relevant section of the application form.
• Original copy of your travel medical insurance bought from an insurance company that is accredited by the Schengen Group in Abuja. It is required that the insurance cover all of the days you are planning to stay in Schengen. It is recommended that you submit an insurance that also covers 15 days beyond the end of your intended stay in Schengen.
• 2 passport size pictures with white background and not older than 6 months (please attach photos on the application form and on the duplicate form using adhesive tape or glue).
• If applying on the Application Portal, please attach the photograph on the Cover Letter sent to your e-mail after completing the booking.
• Return flight ticket and hotel booking confirmation which must be in accordance with the number of days that have been approved. You can book that by clicking here
• Copy of personal bank accounts (Updated at least 15 days prior to the application, including the page with the meaning of codes of operations) and if applicable, copies of the three last salary slips
• Original passport (valid for at least 3 months after departure from Schengen). The passport has to contain at least two (2) blank pages and it is required that it is issued within the previous ten (10) years. We advise you submit previous passports with past visas / stamps to Schengen and other countries.
• Dated and signed letter of invitation and a copy of the passport of the person inviting. If the person inviting is not a citizen of one of the Schengen countries, a copy of the most recent Residence Permit must be submitted.
• The invitation must contain information about the period of the visit. It should contain complete and relevant information about the person extending the invitation, the invited person and their relationship to each other (including information about any family relationship), along with the purpose of the stay to be covered by the visa. The invitation should also state whether the person extending the invitation is also standing as a financial guarantor.
Minors (Under the age of 18)
• Original birth certificate of the child
• Passports of both parents
• Original Letter of Parental Consent to apply for and obtain a Schengen Visa signed by both parents.
• If only one parent has sole custody of the child, the Court Decision awarding custody to the one parent must be submitted. If the other parent is dead, the Death Certificate must be submitted.
• NB: For the protection of children, the above documents will be verified and a longer processing time must be expected.
Additional requirement for ICELAND:
Copy of the sponsor"s passport and pay slips for the last 3 months (Iceland only).
When do I apply for a Schengen visa?
You should put in your visa application at least 10 working days before desired departure date.
How do I apply for a Schengen visa?
Fill in your details in the form provided, then you"ll need to submit your passport that is valid for at least six months and has at least two blank pages, a recent passport sized photo, and details of your itinerary. Click here
to submit your details now
What are the contact details of the Schengen Embassy?
France Embassy, Nigeria
37 Udi Street Off Aso Drive, Quartier Maitama,
France Consulate, Nigeria
1, Oyinkan Abayomi Drive, Ikoyi
About 30% of travelers today take ill or become injured whilst abroad. They also face non-medical risks including travel delays, loss of passport or loss of baggage. With our travel insurance
, you no longer have to worry about these unforeseen risks. It is not only affordable; it is also reliable and broad. Travel in style and let our travel insurance
serve as your safety net today.